Thursday, April 1, 2010

Etsy Portrait Video, or as I like to call it, jumping out of an airplane.

You always hear about the importance of facing your fears; doing things that scare you whatever they may be. Many people might do things like bungee jump, jump out of an airplane, or maybe even run with the bulls in Pamplona. But for me, it's being in FRONT of the camera and talking about myself that scares me most! I'm an open book around the people I love and know well–to be honest, I'm sometimes downright sarcastic and bold. But out in the world, I tend to be private and shy.


While I don't have fears associated with showing my work (I got over that one long ago), revealing myself, well, that's another story. So in a million years, I never thought I'd EVER agree to anything like this video. When Tara from Etsy first starting emailing me about doing an Etsy Portrait video (about a year ago), I put her off for as long as I could by telling her that my shoots take a lot to put together and I just didn't see how I could make it work at a time she would be out in LA. But when I realized this girl wouldn't take no for an answer (she was VERY persistent), I figured I'd better just do it and face my fears. So, I invited her to come film me photographing a Baby Giraffe.


So here I am....jumping out of an airplane:



*and, don't forget to go to Etsy and comment to win a LARGE 17x22 Limited Edition of Baby Giraffe No. 3.

Thanks to Tara for being such a talented storyteller. I can't think of a better person to face my fear with!